Please find below a guide on how to measure for blinds. Alternatively, why not use our free Made to Measure Consultancy Service.
Recess or External
Blinds may be fitted inside or outside a window recess. It is necessary to fit the blind outside of the recess if;
- The recess if less than 7.5cm deep
- The window opens inwards
- The window is not straight (width or height varies by ore than 2cm)
Measuring to fit inside recess
- Measure the width (wall to wall) and the drop in at least three positions taking into account anything that would stop your blind rolling down.
- Make a note of the smallest width and drop measurements – these are your recess measurements
Measuring to fit outside a recess
Measure for the width and drop – we recommend that you allow the blind to extend approximately 10cm either side and 10cm above and below the window recess.
- Always use a metal measuring tape and measure in millimeters.
- Double check your measurements.
Request a Quote
Fill in the form on the left hand side of this page to receive a quote.